Dr LinTao Jia
Dr. Lintao Jia currently works as a professor and a supervisor for Ph.D. students in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Fourth Military Medical University (FMMU). Dr. Jia received his Ph.D. degree in the Fourth Military Medical University in 2001, which was followed by his postdoctoral study in Ontario Cancer Institute, Canada. He is an executive member of the Biotechnology Committee of PLA, and of the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Association of Shaanxi Province.
Dr. Jia research area lies at the molecular machinery of growth factor and receptor (e.g. erbB2/HER2) -mediated carcinogenesis, aiming at developing novel therapeutics or strategies to target these oncogenic pathways. Funded by the National Key Basic Research Program (973 Program) and the National Natural Sciences Foundation of China (NSFC), Dr. Jia unraveled the pivotal roles of microRNAs in HER2-elicited metastasis, and resistance to the therapeutic HER2 antibody, trastuzumab; he generated chimeric proteins which could recognize HER2-positive cancers, internalize and trigger apoptosis of cancer cells. His ongoing research proposals also address the crosstalk between canonical growth factor pathways and Hedgehog signaling in the occurrence and progression of diverse malignancies. Dr.Jia published 35 papers in SCI journals including Gastroenterology, Cancer Res, Int J Cancer, Breast Cancer Res and Cancer Treat Rev, and is holding 2 national invention patents.
2. 国家973计划课题：基因沉默等新型基因治疗技术与机理研究，2004CB518805， 2004.9-2009.8，135万元，子课题负责人
1. Jia LT, Zhang LH, Yu CJ, Zhao J, Xu YM, Gui JH, Jin M, Ji ZL, Wen WH, Wang CJ, Chen SY, Yang AG. Specific tumouricidal effect of a novel secreted pro-apoptotic fusion protein consisting of caspase-3 and anti-erbB2/HER2 antibody. Cancer Res, 2003; 63 (12): 3257-3262.
2. Ren XL, Xu YM, Bao W, Fu HJ, Wu CG, Zhao Y, Li ZK, Zhang J, Li SQ, Chen WQ, Wang T, Zhang R, Zhang LH, Qian GS, Chen SY, Jia LT, Yang AG. Inhibition of non-small cell lung cancer cell proliferation and tumor growth by vector-based small interfering RNAs targeting HER2/neu. Cancer Lett, 2009; 281(2): 134-143. (通讯作者)
3. Zhang Y, Han T, Zhu Q, Zhang W, Bao W, Fu HJ, Yang J, Huang XJ, Wei JX, Meng YL, Zhao J, Cao YX, Jia LT, Yang AG. The proapoptotic activity of C-terminal domain of apoptosis-inducing factor (AIF) is separated from its N-terminal. Biol Res, 2009; 42(2): 249-260. (通讯作者)
4. Yu CJ, Jia LT, Meng YL, Zhao J, Zhang Y, Qiu XC, Xu YM, Wen WH, Yao LB, Fan DM, Jin BQ, Chen SY, Yang AG. Selective proapoptotic activity of a secreted recombinant antibody/AIF fusion protein in carcinomas overexpressing HER2. Gene Ther, 2006;13 (4): 313-320.
5. Fu HJ, Jia LT, Bao W, Zhao J, Meng YL, Wang CJ, Yao LB, Chen SY, Yang AG. Stable knockdown of estrogen receptor alpha by vector-based RNA interference suppresses proliferation and enhances apoptosis in breast cancer cells. Cancer Biol Ther, 2006; 5 (7): 842-847.
6. Zhao J, Zhang LH, Jia LT, Zhang L, Xu YM, Wang Z, Yu CJ, Peng WD, Wen WH, Wang CJ, Chen SY, Yang AG. Secreted antibody/granzyme B fusion protein stimulates selective killing of HER2-overexpressing tumor cells. J Biol Chem, 2004; 279 (20): 21343-21348.
7. Xu YM, Wang LF, Jia LT, Qiu XC, Zhao J, Yu CJ, Zhang R, Zhu F, Wang CJ, Jin BQ, Chen SY, Yang AG. A caspase-6 and anti-human epidermal growth factor receptor-2 (HER2) antibody chimeric molecule suppresses the growth of HER2-overexpressing tumors. J Immunol, 2004; 173 (1): 61-67.
8. Labbe A, Nelles M, Walia J, Jia L, Furlonger C, Nonaka T, Medin JA, Paige CJ. IL-12 Immunotherapy of Murine Leukemia: Comparison of Systemic Versus Gene Modified Cell Therapy . J Cell Mol Med, 2008 Jun 28. [Epub ahead of print]
9. Wei JX, Yang J, Sun JF, Jia LT, Zhang Y, Zhang HZ, Li X, Meng YL, Yao LB, Yang AG. Both strands of siRNA have potential to guide posttranscriptional gene silencing in mammalian cells. PLoS One, 2009;4(4):e5382.
10. Li QX, Zhao J, Liu JY, Jia LT, Huang HY, Xu YM, Zhang Y, Zhang R, Wang CJ, Yao LB, Chen SY, Yang AG. Survivin stable knockdown by siRNA inhibits tumor cell growth and angiogenesis in breast and cervical cancers. Cancer Biol Ther, 2006; 5 (7): 860-866.
11. Wen WH, Liu JY, Qin WJ, Zhao J, Wang T, Jia LT, Meng YL, Gao H, Xue CF, Jin BQ, Yao LB, Chen SY, Yang AG. Targeted inhibition of HBV gene expression by single-chain antibody mediated small interfering RNA delivery. Hepatology, 2007; 46 (1): 84-94.
2. “分泌性靶向促凋亡分子的基因构建、表达及其对HER2阳性肿瘤细胞的杀伤作用”, 2005年陕西省科学技术一等奖，排名第二